The 60s-80s of the last century are characterized by emerging a number of theoretical and methodological works devoted to new understanding of design as a person’s interaction with his objective world. These are the works of designers (Fedorov M.V., Minervin G.B. and others), philosophers (Kantor K.M., Shchedrovitsky G.P., Yudin E.G.) and psychologists (Zinchenko V.P., Munipov V.M., Chainova L.D. and others). Common positions were noted in a variety of interpretations; these positions are interdisciplinarity and project-based design. Intensive development of technical means of labour activity determined the need to have an integral system of ideas about a working person, his labour activity, his relationship with the machine and with the environment, his ergonomics. Thanks to the research and development of prominent Russian philosophers, engineers and psychologists, ergonomics received the status of an interdisciplinary, scientific and design discipline of a new type, based on a systemic methodology and an activity approach. On the basis of the All-Union Scientific Research Institute of Technical Aesthetics, founded in 1962, a productive integration of design and ergonomics tools was fulfilled; a direction was formed, which would later be called ergodesign. Special interdisciplinary research, projects and developments were organized where specialists from different fields of knowledge studying the human nature participated. In the process of these events the ideas of various disciplines were synthesized. A significant part of the research in the field of ergodesign in the period of 1960s-1980s was carried out within the framework of a closed problem in the field of space ergonomics and defence technology. Some of the solutions in the field of space ergonomics and defence technology related to the developments conversion in the post-Soviet period are discussed in this article.
ergodesign, methodology, interdisciplinarity, design, human factor, activity
1. Bodrov V.A., Zhuravleva A.L. Actual Problems of Labour Psychology, Engineering Psychology And Ergonomics. Issue 1. Moscow, Publishing house “Institute of Psychology RAS”, 2009, 615 p.
2. Zinchenko V.P., Munipov V.M. Fundamentals of Ergonomics. Moscow, Publishing house of Moscow State University, 1979. Available at: http://www.klex.ru/c71 (Accessed 18 April 2021).
3. Kalinicheva M.M., Zherdev E.V., Novikov A.V. Scientific School of Ergodesign of All-Russian Research Institute of Technical Aesthetics: Preconditions, Origins, Tendencies of Formation. Moscow, All-Russian Research Institute of Technical Aesthetics, Orenburg: Industrial Pedagogical College of State Educational Institution of Orenburg State University, 2009, 368 p.
4. Kantor K.M. Beauty and Benefit. Sociological Issues of Material and Artistic Culture. Moscow, Iskusstvo, 1967. 279 p.
5. Kantor K.M. Ways of Studying Design. Tekhnicheskaya estetika [Technical aesthetics], 1966, no. 1, pp. 2-4.
6. Kiseleva M.S. Problems of Interdisciplinarity in Human Knowledge: Ideas and Practices by Boris Yudin. Filosofiya nauki i tekhniki [Philosophy of Science and Technology], 2019, vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 5-20. DOI: 10.21146 / 2413-9084-2019-24-2-5-20.
7. Minervin G.B., Munipov V.M. On the Beauty of Ma-chines and Things. Moscow, Obrazovaniye, 1975, 151 p.
8. Munipov V.M., Zinchenko V.P. Ergonomics: Human-Centred Design of Hardware, Software and Environment: Mos-cow, Logos, 2001. Available at: http://psychlib.ru/mgppu/MZE-2001/MEC-001.HTM#hid124 (Accessed 05 May 2021).
9. Runge V.F. History of Design, Science and Technology. Book 1. Moscow, Arkhitectura-S, 2006, 368 p.
10. Semenov I.N. Organizational Methodology of V.M. Munipov Labour Psychology and Strategic Planning of Ergonomics and Design Development by Him. Kul'turno-istoricheskaya psik-hologiya [Cultural-Historical Psychology], 2013, no. 3, pp.12-21.
11. Chainova L.D., Bogatyreva T.P. Ergodesign as a Mod-ern Innovative Technology of Human-Centred Design. Dizayn-revyu [Design Review], 2008, no 1. Available at: http://viperson.ru/articles/lyudmila-chaynova-i-tatyana-bogatyreva-ergodizayn-kak-sovremennaya-innovatsionnaya-tehnologiya-cheloveko-orientirovannogo-proektirovaniya (Ac-cessed 15 May 2021).
12. Shchedrovitsky G.P. Selected works. Moscow, Publish-ing house of the School of Cultural Policy, 1994. Tsentr gumani-tarnykh tekhnologiy [Centre for Humanitarian Technologies] – 20.02.2011. Available at: https://gtmarket.ru/library/basis/3961/3977 (date of treatment 10 May 2021).
13. Shchedrovitsky G.P. Selected works. Moscow, Publish-ing house of the School of Cultural Policy, 1994. Tsentr gumani-tarnykh tekhnologiy [Centre for Humanitarian Technologies]. – 20.02.2011. [Electronic resource]. Available at: https://gtmarket.ru/library/basis/3961/3978 (date of treatment 15 May 2021).
14. Ergodesign of Industrial Products and Subject-Spatial Environment. Moscow, Humanitarian publishing centre “VLADOS”, 2009, 311 p.
15. Yudin E.G. Systematic Approach and Principle of Activity. Methodological Problems of Modern Science, Moscow, Nauka, 1978, 392 p.
16. Zarakovsky G.M., Shlaen P.Ya. Conversion of Military Production and Ergonomic Qualities of Industrial Products. Tekhnicheskaya estetika [Technical aesthetics], 1995, no. 1, pp. 25-30.
17. Lvov V.M. Pavlyuchenko V.V. Spasennikov V.V. En-gineering-Psychological Problems of Designing Operator’s Ac-tivity. Psikhologicheskiy zhurnal [Psychological journal], 1989, vol. 10, no. 5, pp. 66-74.
18. Lvov V.M., Danilyak B.I., Sinyagin Yu.V. Tsvetkov V.V. Historical Excursus of VNIITE Training for Highly Quali-fied Specialists. Uspekhi sovremennoi nauki [Successes of Mod-ern Science], 2016, vol. 4, no 6, pp. 95-97.
19. Lvov V.M., Rakhmanova T.R., Sudarik A.N. Methodical Approach to Solving the Problem of Professional Description of Administrative Military Positions. Chelovecheskiy faktor: problemy psikhologii i ergonomiki [Human Factor: Problems of Psychology and Ergonomics], 2004, vol. 1, no. 26, pp. 10-14.
20. Medenkov A.A. Contribution of G.M. Zarakovsky in Engineering Psychology, Labour Psychology, Organizational Psychology. Vestnik Tverskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Tver State Technical University]. Series: Social Sciences and Humanities, 2015, issue 1, pp. 88-95.
21. Spasennikov V.V, Bogomolov S.A. Ergonomic Re-quirements Standardization Problems during Formation New Systems, Products and Innovation Technologies. Vestnik Bryan-skogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta [Bulletin of Bryansk State Technical University], 2018, vol. 1, no. 62, pp. 73-84. DOI: 10.12737 / article_5a795ffc64d127.49426895.
22. Stepanova G.B. Ergonomics in the USSR: an Attempt in the Interdisciplinary Research. Chelovek [The Human Being], 2017, no. 1, pp. 94-103.
23. Stepanova G.B. The Practice of Applying the Activity Approach and Implementing the Methodology of Interdiscipli-narity in the 60-70 Years of the Twentieth Century. Filosofiya nauki i tekhniki [Philosophy of Science and Technology], 2020, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 116-130. DOI: 10.21146 / 2413-9084-2020-25-2-116-130.
24. Sudarik A.N. Ergonomic Support of the Modern Educa-tional Environment. Sotsiologiya obrazovaniya [Sociology of Education], 2013, no. 2. pp. 42-90.
25. Shlaen P. Ya., Lvov V.M. Methodical Approach to Forming and Using the Ergonomic Code of the Man-Machine Complex. Chelovecheskiy faktor: problemy psikhologii i ergo-nomiki [Human Factor: Problems of Psychology and Ergonomics], 2004, vol. 4, no. 29, pp. 41-46.
26. Spasennikov V. Androsov K., Golubeva G. Ergonomic Factors in Patenting Computer Systems for Personnel’s Selection and Training. Proceedings of the 30th International Conference on Computer Graphics and Machine Vision (GraphiCon 2020). Saint-Petersburg, CEUR Workshop Proceedings, 2020.