There are shown results of high-speed end milling experimental researches of critical hardened steel parts in fuel control equipment of modern aircraft gas turbine engines (GTE) with the purpose of optimum cutting mode definition ensuring the roughness Ra ≤ 0.63 mkm for the surface worked and deviation from the plane not more than 0.015 mm. The empirical mathematical models of high-speed milling are obtained and optimum cutting modes are defined.
end milling, hardened steel, hard alloy, deviation from plane, experiment planning
1. Zubchenko, A.S. Steel and Alloy Marking, 2-d edition. – M.: Mechanical Engineering, 2003. – p. 273.
2. Catalogue: Milling Tool. “TaeguTec LTD”. – 2016. – p. 288.
3. Tabakov, V.P., Smirnov, M.Yu., Tsirkin, A.V. Working Capacity of End Milling Cutters with Multi-layer Wear-resistant Coatings: monograph. – Uliyanovsk: UlSTU, 2005. – p. 152.
4. Makarov, V.F. Choice and Purpose of Optimum Condi-tions for Hard-to-Work Billet Broaching. Perm: Perm State Technical University Publishers, 2008. – p. 396.
5. Katsev, P.G. Statistical Methods of Cutter Investigation. – M.: Mechanical Engineering, 1974. – p. 231.