In this paper on the basis of experimental numerical investigations carried out and factory experience it is shown that the process of heat-exchange pipe roller rolling differs from a widely used idea that in the course of rolling a pipe approaches uniformly to a cylindrical surface of an opening in a pipe plate and then presses itself causing at that elasto-plastic deformations in a pipe plate. In fact, at rolling a pipe deformation occurs in the form of a rotating triangle (for three-roller rolling) with increasing sides. Pipe pressing to an opening side is carried out in some points the number of which grows with the increase of a rotational moment. At that, only an elastic deformation of bridges in a pipe plate takes place. The final contact stress in a coupling is caused by the interaction of different metal layers, a part of which is stretched, and another part is compressed.
pipe, pipe plate, bridge, rolling, roller rolling, stress, radial deformation.
1. Tkachenko G.P., Brif V.M. Manufacturing and Repair of Shell-and-Tube Heat Exchange Equipment. М.: Mechanical Engineering, 1980.
2. Fedosiev V.I. Resistance of Materials. М.: Science, FML. 2001. pp. 588.
3. Terekhov V.M., Kondratenko L.A., Danilenko V.G., Belousov V.P. On a choice of criterion for heat exchange pipe mechanical rolling // Engineering Techniques. 2001. № 5. pp. 21–23.
4. Kondratenko L.A. Mechanics of Heat Exchange Pipe Roller Rolling. М.: Sputnik . 2015. pp. 158.
5. Timoshenko S.P., Gere J.M. Meshanics of materials. S.Peterburg-Moskow: Lan, 2002. pp. 670.