At present polymeric composite materials (PCM) substitute more and more wider metal in various branches of mechanical engineering. But the mechanical engineering of such materials with an edge tool causes considerable difficulties, as it differs in principle from common steel and alloy machining. A significant factor in choice of cutting modes and tool application and, as a consequence of a chip forming at PCM machining is a fiber orientation taking into account a cutting direction. The paper reports the results of researches in edge working by different tools with antifriction coal-plastic.
polymeric composite materials, coal-plastics, edge working, cutter, cutting modes, machining quality.
1. Zubarev Yu.M. Modern Tool Materials. S-Pb.: Publishing House “Lan”, 2014. pp. 304.
2. Zubarev Yu.M. Special Methods for Billet Machining in Mechanical Engineering. S-Pb.: Publishing House “Lan”, 2015. pp. 400.
3. Composite Material Machining at Aircraft Assemblage (Analytical Review) / Krivoruchko D.V., Zaloga V.A., Kolesnik V.A. et al.; under the general editorship of Prof. Zaloga V.A. Sumy: Publishing House “ITD. University Book”, 2013. pp. 97.
4. Starkov V.K. Physics and Optimization of Material Cutting. М.: Mechanical Engineering, 2009. pp. 640.
5. Priyomyshev A.V., Zaostrovsky A.S. Machining peculiarities of advanced technology polymeric composite materials on basis of carbon fiber with thermo-plastic matrix // Science and Education: Innovations, Integration and Development. 2014. № 1. pp. 174–179.