The paper studies the matter of theoretical regularities of reactant transport mechanisms in laser surface alloyage of aluminum alloys. It is shown that, along with the traditional diffusion saturation a convective mechanism of reactant transport and the process of refractory particles introduction play a significant role for alloying components flow entering a molten pool in the alloyed zone. An increase in wear resistance was found if alloying aluminum alloy D16 with chromium, nickel and niobium disilicide.
: aluminum alloy, laser alloyage, reactant transport, hardfacing, wear resistance
1. Aluminum casting antifriction alloys with increased capacity to adaptability of friction surfaces/ A.E. Mironov, I.S. Gershman, E.I. Gershman et al./Vestnik «VNIIZhT» 2017, vol.76, pp. 336-340.
2. Gurevich, Yu.G. Theoretical and technological bases of gray cast iron diffusion chromizing, News of higher educational institutions. Ferrous metallurgy, 2010, no. 9, pp. 45-48.
3. Petrova, L.G., Alexandrov, V.A., Brezhnev, A.A. New potentialities in boronizing for obtaining modified layers on steel parts operating under wear and corrosion conditions/ Strengthening technologies and coatings, 2013, no.10 (106), pp. 26-33.
4. Balandin, Yu.A., Kolpakov, A.S. Processes of diffusion siliconizing in a fluidized bed Metal Science and Heat Treatment, 2006, no.3 (609), pp. 31-35.
5. Lukomsky, Yu.Ya., Gorshkov, V.K., Razgovorov, P.B. Electroplating and paint coatings on aluminum and its alloys / Ivanovo, 2010, 239 p.
6. Petrova, L.G., Alexandrov, V.D., Wrinkilov, M.V. Formation of wear-resistant coatings on aluminum alloy AL9 by galvanic, detonation and vapour-phase methods // Science intensive technologies in mechanical engineering, 2018, no.1 (79), pp. 22-27.
7. Grigoryants, A.G., Shiganov, I.N., Misyurov, A.I. Technological processes of laser treatment/ Moscow: Bauman Moscow State Technical University, 2006, 664 p.
8. Chudina, O.V., Brezhnev, A.A. Surface alloying of carbon steels in laser heating/Hardening technologies and coatings, 2010, no. 4(64), pp. 10-16.
9. Petrova, L.G., Alexandrov, V.D., Wrinkilov, M.V. Obtaining wear-resistant coatings in aluminum alloys using laser alloying/ Science intensive technologies in mechanical engineering, 2021, no.9 (123), pp. 42-48.
10. Alexandrov, V.D., Sazonova, Z.S. Surface hardening of aluminum alloys by laser treatment. – Moscow: MADI (TU), 2001, 231 p.
11. Belashova, I.S., Tarasova, T.V. Investigation of mass transfer kinetics in laser alloying / Science intensive technologies, 2007, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 57-62.
12. Prikhod’ko, V.M., Petrova, L.G., Chudina, O.V. Metallophysical basis for reinforcing technologies development. Moscow: Mashinostroenie, 2003, 380 p.
13. Mondolfo, L.F. Structure and Properties of Aluminum Alloys, Moscow: Metallurgiya, (1979), 640 p.