The formation of hardened layers on die steel with hot working using gas cyclic nitriding methods has been viewed, the morphology of the hardened layer has been studied. Life loss problem of hot working dies due to the formation of cracks has been specified. Service life-extension of hot working stamps is provided by the formation of a powder metal-ceramic layer based on carbonitrides of alloying elements. The hardened layers on 4X4M2VFS steel after cyclic gas nitriding, the change in microhardness along the coating thickness, as well as the integral dimensional characteristics of dispersed nanopowder particles have been examined.
die steel, gas nitriding, nitrided layer, diffusion layer
1. Alexandrov, V.A., Petrova, L.G., Barabanov, S.I. A new technology increasing dies hardness by means of chemical-thermal treatment building up an electrically charged oxide layer / Science intensive technologies in Mechanical Engineering, 2012, No.7 (13), pp. 29-33.
2. Belashova, I.S., Petrova, L.G., Aleksandrov, V.D., De-min, P.E. Improving the Properties of Low-Alloy and Carbon Steel Tools by Cyclic Nitriding // Russian Engineering Re-search, 2018, vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 53-56.
3. Alexandrov, V.A., Bogdanov, K.V. Nitriding of tools made of high-chromium and high-speed steel / Strengthening technologies and coatings, 2005, No. 5, pp. 14-20.
4. Petrov, A.N., Petrov, P.A., Petrov, M.A. Theory of me-talworking by pressure: dies, wear and lubricants: textbook, 2nd ed., updated, ser. 76, Moscow: Yurayt Publ. House, 2020, 130 p.
5. Petrova, L.G., Alexandrov, V.A., Demin, P.E., Baraba-nov, S.I. Improving thermal stability of hot working dies by hemical-thermal treatment / STIN, 2020, No. 7, pp. 18-20.
6. Yurshev, V.I., Mukatdarov, R.I., Yurshev, I.V. Surface hardening of tools by depositing a pyrolytic chromium carbide coating / Metal Science and Heat Treatment, 2015, No.2 (716), pp. 48-52.
7. Anishchik, V.M., Borisenko, V.E., Zhdanok, S.A., To-lochko, N.K., Fedosyuk, V.M. Nanomaterials and nanotech-nologies, Minsk, Izd. Center BSU, 2008, 372 p.
8. Shestopalova, L.P. Method for nano-powder dispersion degree definition / Science intensive technologies in Mechani-cal Engineering, 2018, No.7 (85), pp. 45-48.