The subject of research is establishing psychophysiological regularities of technical (instrumental) means for representing the out-of-cockpit space and objects for solving the problems of piloting and spatial orientation used by flight personnel. In flight tests carried out on helicopters equipped with optical-television and thermal television systems, scientific data are obtained, indicating the regulatory influence of pilots’ spatial orientation image on the piloting efficiency and safety. The psychophysiological possibilities and limitations of using technical vision aids are established, and ergonomic requirements for their technical characteristics are formed. The research results provided the basis for making technical specifications for helicopters of a new generation, and can be useful in designing the information field of aircraft for various purposes.
technical vision, optical channel, television channel, thermal television channel, cognitive ergonomics, visual image, instrumental information, aircraft, helicopter, airplane, field of vision, illusory sensations, sensory conflict
1. Ananiev A.V., Filatov S.V. Justification of a New Way of Joint Use of Aircraft and Short-Range Unmanned Aerial Ve-hicles in Operations. Voyennaya mysl' [Military Thought], 2018, no. 6, pp. 5-13.
2. Vizilter Yu.V., Zheltov S.Yu. Problems of Technical Vision in Aviation Systems. Proceedings of the Scientific and Technical Conference-Seminar “Technical Vision in Control Systems for Mobile Objects – 2010”, 2011, pp. 11-44.
3. Lapa V.V., Ponomarenko V.A., Chuntul A.V. Psycho-physiology of Flight Safety. Moscow, Interregional Public Asso-ciation “Association of Journalists Writing on Law Enforce-ment”, 2013, 396 p.
4. Sokolov S.M., Boguslavsky A.A., Romanenko S.A. Im-plementation of the Visual Data Processing Algorithms for On-board Computing Units. Robototekhnika i tekhnicheskaya kiber-netika [Robotics and Technical Cybernetics], 2021, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 106-111.
5. Fedulin A.M., Gorbatsevich V.S., Osadchuk A.V. A General Approach to the Trusted Machine Learning of the Un-manned Aircraft Vehicles Computer Vision Systems. Polet [All-Russian Scientific and Technical Journal “Flight”], 2020, no. 11, pp. 32-38.
6. Chuntul A.V. Ergonomic Support for the Development of Modern and Advanced Systems “crew-helicopter-environment”. Ergodizayn [Ergodesign], 2019, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 147-155. DOI: 10.30987 / 2619-1512-2019-2019-4-147-155.
7. Seeger U., Seeger R. Fast Corner Detection in Grey-Level Images. Pis'ma s raspoznavaniem obrazov [Pattern Recognition Letters], 1994, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 669-675.
8. Visilter Yu. Design of Morphological Operators Based on Selective Morphology. SPIE Proceeding of International Arc-hives of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing. Sun Jose, 2002, vol. 4667, pp. 215-226.