The methods and some ways of technological improvement of the durability of internal screw surfaces are given. To increase the durability, finishing and strengthening machining with surface plastic deformation and threading with a cutter of a variable average diameter are proposed. The dependences for the specification of machining modes and the results of experimental studies of the screw surface quality parameters and wear resistance of running nuts are given.
screw surface, running nut, durability, wear resistance, surface plastic deformation
1. Turpaev, A.I. Screw Mechanisms and Gears. – M.: Mechanical Engineering, 1982. - 223 p.
2. Johnson, K. Contact Mechanics. – M.: Mir, 1989. - 510 p.
3. Surface Engineering of Parts / under the general editor-ship of A.G. Suslov. - M.: Mechanical Engineering, 2008. - 320 p.
4. Mechanical Engineering Technology. Thread Treatment Methods: manual. - M.: FORUM, 2007. - 104 p.
5. Kirichek, A.V., Afonin, A.N. Threading. Industrial Engineer’s Library. – M.: Mechanical Engineering, 2009. - 312 p.
6. Tsukanov, I.Yu. Modeling of Strengthening Treatment of Running Nut Threads by Plastic Deformation According to Precut Grooves // Science Intensive Technologies in Mechan-ical Engineering. - 2012. - no.11 (17). - PP. 34-38.
7. Birger, I.A., Iosilevich, G.B. Threaded and Flanged Connections. – M.: Mechanical Engineering, 1990. - 364 p.