Algorithmic support is proposed for an automated installation for measuring the mating and unmating force of the electrical connector contacts, which allows obtaining objective data while testing with the possibility to register the fixed force. The developed system also provides inputting and editing test parameters applying the operator's touch panel using the Human–Machine Interface, local visualization of the measurement process, support for implementing the parameters storage in non-volatile memory with logging the test information. The ability to automatically measure the mating and unmating force of an electrical connector reduces the impact of human error on test results, increasing the accuracy and the process productivity.
electrical connector, mating force, unmating force, automatic mode, automated mode, work algorithm, algorithmic support
1. Safonov, A.L. Dependence of the Transient Resistance of Electrical Contacts on the Direction of the Contact Force Vector / A.L. Safonov, L.I. Safonov // Technologies in the Electronic Industry. – 2014. – no. 1. – pp. 74-79.
2. Hsu, Y.–L. Shape Optimal Design of the Contact Springs of a Connector / Y.–L. Hsu, Y.–C. Hsu, M.–S. Hsu // Journal of Electronic Packaging. – 2002. vol. 124. – pp. 178–183.
3. Obane, H.E. Plug-in Connectors Aging and in Situ Diagnostic Tool for Measurement Implementation / H.E. Obane, R. Abdi, N. Benjemaa, E. Carvou // The Romanian Review Precision Mechanics, Optics & Mechatronics. – 2016. – Issue 49. – pp. 19–27.
4. Safonov, A.L. About Some Aspects of Development and Production of Electrical Connectors / A.L. Safonov, L.I. Safonov. – SPb. : Publishing house “Media Group Finestreet”, 2015. – 295 p.
5. Utkin, G.I. Features of the friction Process of the Part Working Surfaces of a Contact Pair of a Detachable Electrical Connector / G.I. Utkin, V.V. Markov // Fundamental and Applied Problems of Engineering and Technology. – 2012. – no. 2-5 (292). – pp. 95-100.
6. Katunin, A.D. Actual Problems of the Switching Force Control of Rectangular Electrical Connectors / A.D. Katunin, L.I. Lebedeva // Fundamental and Applied Problems of Engineering and Technology. – 2014. – no. 4 (306). – pp. 139-143.
7. GOST 23784–98. Low-Frequency Low-Voltage and Combined Connectors. Specifications. – Moscow: Publishing house of standards, 1998. – 24 p.
8. GOST 27277–87. Check Method of Confining Force of Elastic Contacts. State Standard. – Moscow: Publishing house of standards, 1987. – 5 p.
9. Akulov, P.A. Automated Plant for Measurement of Joint and Disjoint Force of Electric Connector Single Contact / P.A. Akulov, D.I. Petreshin // Bulletin of Bryansk State Technical University. – 2017. – no. 5 (58). – pp. 66-72.
10. Akulov, P.A. Automation of the Control Test Operation of Electrical Connectors / P.A. Akulov, D. I. Petreshin // Automation. Modern Technologies. – 2019. – vol. 73. – no. 6. – pp. 257-262.
11. Akulov, P.A. Algorithmic Support of the Control System of the Force of Joint and Disjoint Of Electrical Connectors / P.A. Akulov, D.I. Petreshin // Proceedings of the Southwest State University. – 2018. – vol. 22, no. 4 (79). – pp. 94-104.