On the analysis basis of trends in the development of aluminum alloy plasma welding it is shown that in most cases for critical structures there is used welding with a non-consumable electrode on reversed polarity with adding wire material. A welding method with a hollow anode to increase non-consumable tungsten electrode durability is described. It is shown that to increase quality of welded joints in aluminum-lithium alloys the application of plasma-forming gas programmable pulse feed has promising outlooks. In this case side by side with the decrease of such defects as pores and oxide films the obtaining of more fine-grained structure in metal seams is marked.
plasma arc, aluminum alloys, welding with non-consumable electrode, welding with penetrating arc, pulse feed of plasma-forming gases, mechanical properties, seam structure
1. Stephen Leon J. Investigation of mechanical properties of aluminium 6061 alloy friction stir welding / J. Leon Stephen, V. Jayakumar // International Journal of Student’s Research in Technology & Management. – 2014. – Vol. 2. – Iss. 04. – P. 140–144.
2. Ovchinnikov, V.V. Science intensive welding technologies in manufacturing aluminum alloy transport products // Science Intensive Technologies in Mechanical Engineering. – 2016. – No.5. – pp. 3-9.
3. Lukin, V.I., Ospennikova, O.G., Ioda, E.N., Panteleev, M.D. Aluminum alloy welding in aerospace industry // Welding and Diagnostics. – 2013. – No.2. – pp. 47-51.
4. Drits, A.M., Ovchinnikov, V.V. Aluminum Alloy Welding: monograph. – M.: “Ore and Metals” Publishers, 2017. – pp. 440.
5. Ovchinnikov, V.V., Redchits, V.V., Redchits, A.V. Increase of plasma welding penetration capacity at aluminum alloy welding // New Materials and Technologies. – M.: MA-TI, 1997. – pp. 160.
6. Pat. for invention the RF No.2292256. Plasma Welding Method / Ovchinnikov V.V., Alexeev V.V.: published: 25.01.2007, Bull. 46.
7. Drits, A.M. Ovchinnikov, V.V., Igonkin, B.L., Aluminum wire alloyed with scandium for ship structure welding // Welding World. – 2019. No.1 (53). – pp. 30-31.
8. O. Grushko, B. Ovsyannikov, V. Ovchinnikov. Aluminum-lithium Alloys: Process Metallurgy, Physical Metallurgy and Welding. – CRS Press, 2016, London, New York, – 308 p.
9. O. Grushko, B. Ovsyannikov, V. Ovchinnikov. Aluminum-lithium Alloys: Process Metallurgy, Physical Metallurgy and Welding. – CRS Press, 2016, London, New York, – 308 p.