A promising direction of strengthening development is a combined strengthening by a surface plastic deformation with the further case hardening. There are considered possibilities for the creation of a multilayer heterogeneous structure with high strength and operation characteristics by a combined impact with a deformation wave and case hardening. The investigation results of the wave deformation strengthening of deposited metal allowing the support of a considerably higher level of material mechanical and operation properties as compared with rolled metal are presented. The results obtained allow recommending a wave deformation strengthening and combined technologies on its basis for operation properties increase of machinery in a wide range.
deformation wave, blow, steel, case hardening, micro-hardness, strengthening depth, strengthening degree, surface layer
1. Kirichek, A.V., Soloviyov, D.L. Outlooks for operation properties multiple increase by natural reinforcement of metal materials at technological support of multi-level heterogeneous structure // Strengthening Technologies and Coatings. – 2014. – No. 4(112). – pp. 3-10.
2. Papshev, D.D., Pronin, A.M, Kubyshkin, A.B. Effec-tiveness of Case-Hardened Machinery Strengthening // Bulle-tin of Mechanical Engineering. – 1990.- No. 8. – pp. 61-64.
3. Lakhtin, Yu.M., Arzamasov, B.N. Chemical-Thermal Treatment of Metals. – M.: Metallurgy, 1985. – pp. 256.
4. Kirichek, A.V., Soloviyov, D.L., Volobuev, A.V. Inno-vation static-pulse treatment // Science Intensive Technologies in Mechanical Engineering. – 2011. – No. 1(01). – pp. 43-48.
5. Kirichek, A.V., Soloviyov, D.L., Silantiev, S.A. Static-pulse mode impact upon surface layer hardening uniformity // Forging and Stamping Production (Metal Plastic Working), (2), 2004. pp. 13-17.
6. Kirichek, A.V., Soloviyov, D.L. Technological poten-tialities expansion in metal strengthening with wave deforma-tion impact // Science intensive Technologies in Mechanical Engineering. – 2014. – No. 11(41). – pp. 28-35.
7. Kirichek, A.V., Soloviyov, D.L., Barinov, S.V., Silan-tiev, S.A. Contact endurance increase in machinery by hetero-geneous deformation strengthening with static-pulse treatment // Strengthening Technologies and Coatings. – 2008. – No. 7. – pp. 9-15.
8. Efficient Technologies of Surface Plastic Deformation and Combined Treatment / V.N. Belyaev, V.P. Ivanov, A.R. Ingemansson, A.N. Isaev, A.V. Kirichek et al. – M.: “Spec-trum” Publishing House, 2014. – pp. 403.
9. Kirichek, A.V., Soloviyov, D.L., Tarasov, D.E. Iron-carbon alloy strengthening by combined treatment of deforma-tion wave and case-hardening // Strengthening Technologies and Coatings. – 2013. – No. 12. – pp. 36-39.
10. Kirichek, A.V., Soloviyov, D.L., Tarasov, D.E. Machi-nery life increase by combined strengthening // Bulletin of Bryansk State Technical University. – 2016. – No. 2(50). Pp. 52-58.