This paper reports the comparative assessment of coatings on aluminum alloy Al9 obtained through different methods of surface strengthening under conditions of products wear operation. It is shown that galvanic coatings allow increasing surface hardness up to 4500 Pa and they may be recommended for products with wear operation with small specific load. Surface strengthening by oxides with the use of the detonation method of plating allowing the formation of layers with higher hardness (9000 MPa) may be recommended for products with wear operation under higher specific loads. For products operating with wear under hard conditions of loading, particularly, in aggressive environment (chemical engineering) there are recommended gas-cycle coatings consisting of metal-organic compounds of chromium with hardness up to 16 000 MPa.
electroplate, detonation method, gas-cycle coatings, surface strengthening, aluminum alloys, wear-resistance
1. Bogorad, L.Ya. Chromium Coating. – L.: Mechanical Engineering, - 1984. – pp. 96.
2. Wear-resistance increase in carbon steel parts by com-bined methods of surface diffusion alloying / L.G. Petrova [et al.] // Bulletin of Moscow Road State Technical University (MADI). – 2017. – No. 2(49). – pp. 29-40.
3. Demin, P.E., Petrova, L.G., Kosachyov, A.V. Promising combined technologies of chemical-thermal treatment for life increase of bridge structure parts // Science Intensive Technol-ogies in Mechanical Engineering. – 2015. – No. 10(52). – pp. 11-16.
4. Petrova, L.G., Alexandrov, V.A., Brezhnev, A.A. New potentialities in boronizing for obtaining modified layers on steel parts operating under wear and corrosion conditions // Strengthening Technologies and Coatings. – 2013. – No. 10(106). – pp. 26-33.
5. Melnikov, P.S. Reference Book of Electroplates in Me-chanical Engineering. – M.: Mechanical Engineering, 1991. – pp. 384.
6. Syrkin, V.G. CVD – Method. Chemical Vapor-Phase Deposition. – M.: Science, 2000. – pp. 496.
7. Coating Obtaining Through High-Temperature Sputter-ing / under the editorship of L.K. Druzhinin, V.V. Kudinov. – M.: Atomizdat, 1973. – pp. 322.
8. Alexandrov, V.D. Aluminum alloy surface strengthening with detonation coatings // Metal Technology. – 2002. – No.4. – pp. 34-36.
9. Alexandrov, V.D. Aluminum alloy surface strengthening with chromium deposition from metal-organic compositions // Metal Technology. – 2002. – N.3. – pp. 26-29.
10. Khrushchev, M.M., Babichev, M.A. Abrasion. – M.: Science, - 1970. – pp. 252.
11. Sitnikov, A.A., Sobachkin, A.V., Yakovlev, V.I., Loginova, M.V., Sviridov, A.P. Peculiarities in structural state of mechanocomposites based on aluminum for gas-detonation sputtering // Science Intensive Technologies in Mechanical Engineering. – 2017. – No. 12(78). – pp. 20-25.