The article has considered the calculation of the unified glare rating (UGR) based on the luminance spatial-angular distribution (LSAD). The method of local estimations of the Monte Carlo method is proposed as a method for modeling LSAD. On the basis of LSAD, it becomes possible to evaluate the quality of lighting by many criteria, including the generally accepted UGR. UGR allows preliminary assessment of the level of comfort for performing a visual task in a lighting system. A new method of "pixel-by-pixel" calculation of UGR based on LSAD is proposed.
luminance spatial-angular distribution, UGR, global illumination
1. GOST 33392-2015 Zdanija i sooruzhenija. Metod opredelenija pokazatelja diskomforta pri iskusstvennom osveshhenii pomeshhenij // Tehjekspert: [sajt]. – URL: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200126373 (data obrashhenija: 09.11.2020).
2. Ferree, C. The efficiency of the eye under different conditions of lighting / C. Ferree, G. Rand // Trans. Illum. Eng. Soc. IES. – 1915. – Vol.10. – P.407-447.
3. Kajiya, J.T. The rendering equation / J.T. Kajiya, // Computer Graphics (Proc. SIGGRAPH’86). – 1986. – Vol. 20. – No. 4. – Pp. 143-150.
4. Budak, V. Relation of instant radiosity method with local estimations of Monte Carlo method / V. Budak, V. Zheltov, R. Notfulin, V. Chembaev // Journal of WSCG. – 2016. – Pp. 189-196.
5. Keller, A. Instant radiosity / A. Keller // SIGGRAPH '97 Proceedings of the 24th annual conference on Computer graphics and interactive techniques. – 1997. – Pp. 49-56 6.
6. Budak, V.P. Evaluation of illumination quality based on spatial-angular luminance distribution / V.P. Budak, V.S. Zheltov, T.V. Meshkova, R.Sh. Notfullin // Light & Engineering. – 2017. – Vol. 25. – No. 4. – P. 24-31.
7. Budak, V.P. Experimental study of the new criterion of lighting quality based on analysis of luminance distribution at Moscow metro stations / V.P. Budak, V.S. Zheltov, T.V. Meshkova, V.D. Chembaev, // Light & Engineering, 2020. – Vol. 28, No. 3. – P.98–105