The population of southwest regions of the Bryansk region (Novozybkovsky, Krasnogorsk, Zlyn-kovsky, Gordeevsky, Klintsy, Klimovsk and Starodub regions) was most exposed to radiation from the Cher-nobyl accident. For reducing social and economic consequences of the accident it is necessary to increase population welfare, to create a social and attractive business envi-ronment, to promote innovative development of the industry, increase of the birth rate, growth of life ex-pectancy of citizens, formation of civil society, and also to control the city and the region effectively. The article distinguishes the main socio-economic problems of southwest regions of the Bryansk region, such as poor production development, low level of the salary, low level of investment into the fixed capital, poor health care, leaving of youth, etc. For development of southwest regions of the Bryansk region it is necessary to increase enterprise activity through creation of industrial and agro-industrial clusters. It is also recommended to create Centre of economic development of southwest regions of the Bryansk region and transport-logistical center.
socio-economic problems, development, Bryansk region, Chernobyl accident, Center of economic development, transport-logistical center.
1. The Bryansk region in figures.2015: Proceedings / Bryanskstat. – Bryansk, 2015. – 152 p.
2. In the Bryansk region "special economic zone" will appear. – Access mode: http://www.vsesmi.ru/news/182265/.
3. City districts and municipal districts of the Bryansk region. 2016: Proceedings / Bryanskstat. – Bryansk, 2016. – 246 p.
4. The investment strategy of the Bryansk region for the period till 2020: appr. by direction of the Bryansk region government of June 9, 2014 № 15– Access mode: http://invest32.ru/images/support/Strategia.pdf.
5. Laricheva, E.A. Analysis and identify ways of development of timber industry complex of the Bryansk region / E.A. Laricheva // Actual problems of a forest complex / Proceedings Issue 45 under a general edition of E.A. Pamfilov. – Bryansk: BSITU, 2016. – P. 71-76.
6. Laricheva, E.A. On question of necessary transport-logistical complex development in Bryansk / E.A. Laricheva // "Logistics – innovations – management": Proceedings of the Second Inter. Science-Pract. Conf., Bryansk, BSTU, on April 27, 2012 / under the editorship of A.V. Lagerev, L.A. Karaban. – Bryansk: BSTU, 2012. – P. 271 – 272.
7. Laricheva, E.A. Features of the strategic plan of innovative development of the region: Monograph / E.A. Laricheva. – Bryansk: BSTU, 2015. – 186 p.
8. Laricheva, E.A. Influence of consequences of the Chernobyl accident in population of the Bryansk region: Socio-economic analysis: Monograph / E.A. Laricheva, N.A. Nozdrin. – Bryansk: BSTU, 2016. – 163 p.
9. The rating of 2015 quality of living in the Russian Federation regions. – Access mode: http://vid1.rian.ru/ig/ratings/life_2015.pdf.