The article is devoted to the evaluation of frost resistance of a propylene-ethylene block copolymer used as an insulating material for cable products. The standard method for testing the frost resistance of a polymer material is a drop weight impact test on insulated core samples at low temperatures. To check this parameter at the stage of incoming polymer control, it is proposed to use the method of dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA). As a result of experimental studies by the DMA method, a criterion for evaluating the frost resistance of a block copolymer of propylene with ethylene was established
contact mechanics of engineering surfaces, friction and wear of interfaces, tribotechnical materials science, mechanics and control processes, kinematics, dynamics, strength and reliability of machines and structural elements
1. Peshkov I.B. Materialy kabel'nogo proizvodstva. Moskva: Mashinostroenie, 2013. 455 s.
2. ASTM D5420-16. Standard Test Method for Impact Resistance of Flat, Rigid Plastic Specimen by Means of a Striker Impacted by a Falling Weight (Gardner Impact).
3. ASTM D5628-18. Standard Test Method for Impact Resistance of Flat, Rigid Plastic Specimens by Means of a Falling Dart (Tup or Falling Mass).
4. TA Instruments. Thermal Analysis & Rheology [Elektronnyy resurs]. Thermal Analysis Application Brief Polypropylene Impact Resistance by Dynamic Mechanical Analysis. URL: https://www.tainstruments.com/pdf/literature/TA130.pdf (data obrascheniya: 25.04.2020).
5. GOST R 56804-2015. Plastmassy. Opredelenie mehanicheskih svoystv pri dinamicheskom nagruzhenii. Chast' 4. Kolebaniya pri rastyazhenii. Nerezonansnyy metod.
6. GOST R 56801-2015. Plastmassy. Opredelenie mehanicheskih svoystv pri dinamicheskom nagruzhenii. Chast' 1. Obschie principy.